5 Traits of a champion mindset
Along my own path of self discovery I've come across some great personal development leaders and one of them is Trent Shelton. Trent had his sights set on playing in the NFL. He was eventually picked up by a team but not really utilized in the way he had hoped. He moved from team to team without really knowing how long he would be anywhere and if he would even get to play. It was really hard to admit his dreams of being an NFL star would never come true. In order to pump himself up he started posting inspirational video's on YouTube and they started gaining popularity. He was soon becoming known as a motivational speaker. He realized he was meant for a different purpose. But he took with him the mindset he learned from working with some of the very best in the NFL. The traits of a champion mindset.
1. Commitment - You have to find the reason why you are doing what you are doing. Because there will be days you don't feel like it. There will be times you want to give up altogether so your "why" will likely be the only pushing you through. So, you need to have a why that is stronger than any excuse.
2. Discipline - You have to get willing to say no to things that won't move you toward your goal. You will have to choose some things you aren't used to because it will lead you to something greater. You must decide if the desire for instant gratification is worth giving up for the ultimate destination.
3. consistency - Show up. Every single day. No matter your goal, the way to get better is to do it, practice it, keep finding ways to improve. Even on the days you don't feel like it. Do you want to run a marathon? Then you need to put in the runs to work your way up. Are you trying to build more strength by working out? Then you need to get to the gym on your scheduled days...even when you don't feel like it.
4. Faith - You have to believe you will achieve your goal no matter how the insurmountable the task seems. You have to put in the work and believe with all your being that you will get where you want to go. Trust the process and keep doing you. Even if no one else in the world believes in you. It doesn't matter as long as you believe in yourself and your ability to do it...whatever it is.
5. Heart - Find the strength to give more even when everything else in your mind is telling you that you have nothing left. When it feels like you will never get to your goal. When it seems so far off and you are bone tired...keep at it. It's hard but this is the process and it works if you follow through.
This all seems like a lot of work, right? That's because it is. But this is the mind and attitude of a true champion. Do you want to be one? Then get to work.
It's Monday, my favorite day of the week after Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A brand new week full of opportunities and possibilities. Think about what you want to conquer this week and make a plan. Now, go make today, your best day yet!